Hockey is a fast-paced and physical sport that can put a lot of stress on the body. As a result, hockey players are prone to a variety of injuries, including:
- Concussions: Concussions are a type of traumatic brain injury that can be caused by a blow to the head, face, or neck. Concussions can cause a variety of symptoms, including headaches, dizziness, nausea, and difficulty concentrating.
- Ankle sprains: Ankle sprains are injuries to the ligaments that support the ankle joint. Ankle sprains are common in hockey players because they often make sudden stops and starts, which can put stress on the ligaments.
- Knee injuries: Knee injuries are also common in hockey players. Knee injuries can be caused by a variety of factors, including contact with another player, a collision with the boards, or a sudden change of direction.
- Shoulder injuries: Shoulder injuries are another common injury in hockey players. Shoulder injuries can be caused by overuse, contact with another player, or a fall.
Research also shows that 21% of hockey players develop groin, hip or pelvic related injuries due to the quick acceleration, stop start motions and acceleration. Studies also show that this injury rate is doubled when the player has pelvic instability.
Supacore Coretech is a line of compression shorts and leggings that can help to prevent and treat hockey player injuries. The compression shorts and leggings provide support and stability to the pelvis and core muscles, which can help to reduce the risk of injury. Supacore Coretech shorts and leggings can also help to improve recovery time from injuries.
How Supacore Coretech Works
Supacore Coretech works by using a patented compression technology, developed by physiotherapist Dr Carolyn Taylor and the Supacore technical team to provide support and stability to the pelvis and core muscles. The compression technology helps to stabilise and align the pelvis, which can help prevent injuries. Supacore Coretech can also help to improve athletic performance by increasing power and range of motion.
Benefits of Using Supacore Coretech for Hockey Players
There are many benefits to using Supacore Coretech for hockey players, including:
- Reduced risk of injury: Supacore Coretech can help to reduce the risk of injury by providing support and stability to the core muscles.
- Improved recovery time: Supacore Coretech can help to improve recovery time from injuries by the medical grade body mapped compression to the core and pelvis.
- Increased athletic performance: Supacore Coretech can help to increase athletic performance by increasing power and improved stride.
If you are a hockey player, I encourage you to try Supacore Coretech. It is a great way to prevent and treat injuries, and it can help you to improve your athletic performance.
Here are some additional tips for preventing hockey player injuries:
- Warm up properly before playing. A proper warm-up will help to prepare your body for activity and reduce the risk of injury.
- Cool down properly after playing. A cool-down will help your body to recover from activity and reduce the risk of injury.
- Wear proper protective gear. This includes a helmet, mouthguard, shin pads, elbow pads, and gloves.
- Listen to your body. If you are feeling pain, stop playing and rest.
By following these tips, you can help to prevent hockey player injuries occurring.
Which Sport Is More Dangerous: Ice Hockey or Field Hockey? A Review of the Head and Neck Injuries Associated With the Two Sports
Author links open overlay panelHuw Rees a b, Ulrik McCarthy Persson a b, Eamonn Delahunt a b, Colin Boreham a b, Catherine Blake
Review of Field Hockey Injuries and Countermeasures for Prevention
Monash University Accident Research Centre – Report #143 - 1998
Authors: S. Sherker & E. Cassell