The core and pelvis are two of the most important areas of the body for athletic performance. They help to stabilize the spine and pelvis, which allows for better movement and power generation. Additionally, the core and pelvis play a role in absorbing shock and protecting the spine from injury.
It is estimated that it affects between 10% and 20% of athletes. Pelvic instability is more common in athletes who participate in sports that involve high-impact movements, changing direction, kicking , stop start actions, such as soccer, rugby, and football.
There are a number of factors that can contribute to pelvic instability, including:
- Weak core muscles: The core muscles are the muscles that support the spine and pelvis. If the core muscles are weak, it can put stress on the pelvis and lead to instability.
- Overuse: Pelvic instability can also be caused by overuse. This can happen if an athlete participates in repetitive movements that put stress on the pelvis. Young athletes ,especially footballers in their teens are price to this condition sometimes call pubic overload.
- Injury: Pelvic instability can also be caused by injury. This can happen if an athlete sustains a blow to the pelvis or if they have a muscle strain or tear in the groin area.
Pelvic instability in an athlete can cause injury, including hamstring, groin, and hip injuries. The pelvis is a complex structure that helps to support the spine and hips. It is also involved in many movements, such as running, jumping, and kicking. If the pelvis is not stable, it can put stress on the surrounding muscles and ligaments. This can lead to injuries, such as:
- Hamstring strains: The hamstrings are a group of muscles that run along the back of the thigh. They are responsible for flexing the knee and extending the hip. If the pelvis is not stable, it can put stress on the hamstrings, which can lead to a strain.
- Groin pain: The groin is a region of the body that is located between the hip and thigh. It is made up of a number of muscles and tendons. If the pelvis is not stable, it can put stress on the groin muscles, which can lead to pain.
- Hip injuries: The hip is a ball-and-socket joint that is located at the top of the thigh. It is responsible for a wide range of movements, such as walking, running, and kicking. If the pelvis is not stable, it can put stress on the hip joint, which can lead to injuries, such as a labral tear or a hip impingement.
Medical grade compression can help to improve performance and prevent injury in a number of ways. First, it can help to reduce muscle fatigue. When muscles are compressed, they are able to recover more quickly from exertion. This can lead to longer periods of sustained activity and improved performance.
Second, medical grade compression can help to improve proprioception. Proprioception is the sense of the body's position in space. When the core and pelvis are compressed, it helps to improve the body's awareness of its own position. This can lead to better balance and coordination, which can help to prevent falls and other injuries.
Third, medical grade compression can help to reduce inflammation. Inflammation is a natural response to injury or overuse. However, it can also lead to pain and decreased performance. Medical grade compression can help to reduce inflammation by constricting the blood vessels and reducing the flow of blood to the affected area.
Benefits of Wearing Supacore Coretech Shorts
Supacore Coretech shorts are a type of medical grade compression garment that is specifically designed for athletes. They are designed by a physiotherapist using seamless body mapping techniques to compress the pelvis and core providing a comfortable and supportive garment which stabilizes and aligns the pelvis.
Supacore Coretech shorts also offer a number of other benefits, including:
- Reduced muscle fatigue: The compression helps to improve blood flow to the muscles, which can help them to recover more quickly from exertion.
- Improved proprioception: The compression helps to improve the body's awareness of its own position, which can lead to better balance and coordination.
- Reduced inflammation: The compression helps to reduce inflammation, which can help to speed up recovery from injury.
- Increased core stability: The compression helps to stabilize the core, which can help to prevent injuries to the spine and pelvis.
- Reduced DOMS: The compression helps to reduce delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS), which is the pain that can occur after a workout.
Medical grade compression can be a valuable tool for athletes who are looking to improve their performance and prevent injury. Supacore Coretech shorts are a high-quality compression garment that offers a number of benefits. If you are an athlete who is looking for a way to improve your performance and prevent injury, Supacore Coretech shorts may be a good option for you.
|PATENTED MEN'S CORETECH® LIONEL COMPRESSION SHORTS||PATENTED MARY WOMEN'S CORETECH® INJURY RECOVERY AND POSTPARTUM COMPRESSION SHORTS|
- Core Stability Training for Injury Prevention: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3806175/
- The Effects of Medical Grade Compression on Athletic Performance: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5486611/
- Medical Grade Compression for Injury Prevention: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4599843/
- Supacore Coretech Shorts: https://supacore.com/products/coretech-compression-shorts