Looking for relief from Osteitis Pubis?
Supacore Compression can help.
What is Osteitis Pubis
Osteitis Pubis or OP is a painful inflammation of the bone of the pubic area and can happen when you work out too hard too soon, or when the muscles of the core, hip and groin are too weak.
How to treat Osteitis Pubis
If you play a kicking sport, then you are a chance to get osteitis pubis (OP) at some time in your career.
If you do sustain an osteitis pubis injury, the recovery time can be significant – around 12-20 weeks depending on the severity. Osteitis pubis treatment will require the help of a health professional.
There are a few things that you can do to avoid experiencing osteitis pubis, such as:
- Regular massages to release tight muscles around the groin and hip region Working within your body’s limits, building up workout intensity over time and keeping the abductor muscles strong is important
- Increasing your body's core stability with a health professional or Pilates instructor
- Wearing Supacore CORETECH™ compression shorts and compression leggings both during and after exercise to provide additional core stability and benefit from the built in sacroiliac belt support
Here are some other resources we've developed to assist you in dealign with OP:
- How to treat, prevent and recover from Osteitis Pubis and groin related injuries
- 5 easy ways to help prevent Osteitis Pubis (OP) and related groin injuries
- 4 simple steps to effectively treat Osteitis Pubis (OP) and other groin related injuries
Get your Supacore Coretech Leggings or Shorts Here to accelerate your recovery from OP.